Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 modifications
From: V8PWR@aol.com
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000 04:10:48 EST

Dans un courrier daté du 11/11/00 19:49:42 Paris, Madrid (heure d'été),
robert.appleby@tin.it a écrit :

<< I just got my cameras modified by a local machinist as follows:

 He's machined a spacer, about 4 mm tall, which raises the shutter speed
 dial. This makes it much easier to select shutter speeds, I think it'll pay
 off especially with very cold or wet hands. Or even wearing gloves in winter.

 He's also machined me a couple of battery covers with a raised
 screwdriver-like tongue. It always drives me mad trying to get the Leica
 originals off, although it's not something i need to do very often. These
 are much easier to use - they give a good purchase on the cover. Again,
 good for cold or wet hands.

 I haven't yet had a chance to use the cameras with these modifications yet,
 and only the shutter dial mod has any effect on the working ergonomics of
 the machine, but it certainly feels like a major improvement. I look
 forward to being able to wear gloves this winter!

 I've always felt the M6 isn't the most ergonomic camera around.

 Rob.

Looks like your M6 is ready for a trip on planet Mars !
Just kidding
Jo GOODTIMES