Subject: Re: [Leica] How to get comfortable with my Leica?
From: Ted <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 17:33:03 -0800

Marc James Small wrote:

> [...]
have
someone -- intending, in this sensitive age, to be supportive and friendly --
say, "My, what a charming old camera!"  They usually drop their teeth on the
sidewalk when I tell them both are still in production.  Ha-rumph!<<<<<

Marc,
That's one of the neat things about a black M6, it looks like an old camera
right out of the box. It's like some folks on the LUG have voiced their
concerns about the criminal element and carrying an M6 right out in sight
because it's so valuable.

When in reality no one but another photographer would know a Leica was
expensive, but the lay public in 99% of the cases have no idea and like you
say, ""My, what a charming old camera!"  is how they see it.

And that my friend is a bonus for us M carrying shooters.  Like, when
questioned,  "Me a photographer? Naw, I'm just happy snapping life of the big
city as I live on an island." ;-)

ted

Message from Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net> (Re: [Leica] How to get comfortable with my Leica?)