Subject: Re: [Leica] HP-5 Plus
From: "Paul Arnold" <osprey@bmt.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 14:05:23 -0700

As for the grain in the HP5+, I just developed a roll shot at 1600. Used
Microphen at recommended time & temp. I'm very impressed with the grain,
compared with a (fresh) roll of P3200 which I also shot at 1600 and
developed in straight D-76 at recommended time and temp.

The grain difference is VERY noticeable, and entirely in favor of the HP5+.

This pleases me, because a 400 speed film is much easier than a 1000
(nominal) film when traveling by air. And its nice to know that I can shoot
at 1600 without a big grain problem.

This is only my experience, and only with this one roll of HP5+, but so far
I'm a true believer.

Paul Arnold
22 Sunrise St.
Dillon, Montana 59725