Subject: Re: [Leica] Filter Degradation
From: Jean Marc Becker <jean-marc.becker@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 13:29:36 +0100

> I'm under the impression that gelatin filters are too thin to have adverse
> optical effects like thicker glass or resin filters do. They just get dirty and
> when you try to clean them they get worse so the only thing to do is to replace them.
> But if they are colored they are doing something functional for you and your
> shot so why scorn them?

Gelatin filters are, optically, a true horror. They might be used only
as contact filters, or introduced in incident light.

JMB

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Filter Degradation)
Message from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Filter Degradation)