Subject: [Leica] Re: Zeiss LTM Sonnar lenses
From: "Doug Richardson" <doug@meditor.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2000 10:27:24 -0000

Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net> wrote:

>There is also the 1.5/5.8 "Leica Sonnar", now believed to have been
an
early Postwar forgery -- these ARE proper Sonnars by design but seem
have been Soviet production.

Why to I always learn these things *after* I've spend the money on
one? <grin>.

But I'll await the evidence for a possible Soviet origin with
interest...

A brief comment in a recent issue the Leica Historical Society (LHS)
warned that Russian forgeries of the Leica screw thread version of the
5cm f1.5 Sonnar are known to exist? Has anyone encountered one?

Regards,

Doug Richardson

Replies: Reply from Javier Perez <summarex@yahoo.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Zeiss LTM Sonnar lenses)
Reply from Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: Zeiss LTM Sonnar lenses)