Subject: RE: [Leica] luggers in amsterdam
From: Paul Chefurka <Paul_Chefurka@pmc-sierra.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 06:56:23 -0800

Sorry, I shouldn't have prodded what is likely a very sensitive nerve.  It was indeed just intended as a bit of black humour.  Here in Canada we faced two very public and emotional cases of euthanasia/assisted suicide in the past couple of years, and I fully understand the divisive nature of the debate.

I understand the law passed in your lower house with a vote of 104-40, but remains to be ratified in the upper house.  I remain impressed that the Dutch seem to always be in the forefront on these difficult issues, with a display of reason that is the envy of the thinking world.

And Mr. Helms, Mr. Burton and Barry McCaffrey didn't get invitations to my 50th birthday party :-)  I wouldn't let 'em in even if they all showed up with gift-wrapped Noctiluxes :-)

Paul