Subject: Re: [Leica] Elmar red scale
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 13:34:08 -0500

Horst- the change came around serial number 1000000, i understand, and that
some black dial Elmars actually have red dial lens cells in them- the
coating is yellowish rather than the more blue of the earlier lenses, and so
if your Elmars have a serial number like mine- 998859, it is in all
probability a Red Dial for all practical purposes!