Subject: [Leica] Elmar red scale
From: "A.H.SCHMIDT" <horsts@primus.com.au>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2000 14:55:41 +1100

I read and and hear quite often, "the red scale Elmar 50f3.5 is optically
slightly better, than previous Elmars. I don't have a red scale version, but, I
have a few previous screw versions  and also a bayonet f3.5 Elmar. The bayonet
Elmar would have been released at a similar time as the red scale. Do any of you
guys know, if the bayonet version (f3.5 that is) is optically and qualitative as
good. I tried to find out in my books, but to no avail.

Regards, Horst Schmidt

Replies: Reply from "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com> (Re: [Leica] Elmar red scale)