Subject: Re: [Leica] Film for school play
From: Nathan Wajsman <belgiangator@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 06:03:54 -0800 (PST)

I fully second Doug's recommendation here. With a 50mm
lens at 30 feet or more you are not going to get any
pictures worth printing. As a father of a 6-year old
and an 11-year old, I have been to my share of such
events. The light is indeed awful, and the only times
I have gotten even half-decent pictures were the
occasions when I could get really close to the kids
(2-3 meters). And yes, I have a Noctilux and the 2/90
Apo (and I used to have the 1.4/75). A child in poor
light, shot on fast film with a 50mm lens at a
distance of 10 meters (30 feet) will just get lost in
the grain.

Nathan