Subject: [Leica] Re: grumpy out of focus prints
From: Jim Brick <jim_brick@agilent.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 17:16:38 -0800

At 11:09 PM 12/13/00 -0500, Dante A Stella wrote:

>I wouldn't be so grumpy, but I just went through four hours of printing not
>understanding why the prints all looked out of focus.  Then I noticed the
>grain magnifier was not aligned properly.  Grrr.

I have a light, like a pool hall light, hanging over my hypo tray. In goes
the print, on goes the light. It is inspected closely and carefully (lifted
out of the hypo) for things like unsharp grain, or other artifacts that can
only be seen on a processed print held close to a bright light. You cannot
tell these things while a print is submerged in hypo or water.

Pick up each print and inspect it.

Then you will fix (no pun intended) any problem before it wastes a lot of
paper and time.

Jim (Learned the hard way) Brick

Replies: Reply from Dante A Stella <dante@umich.edu> (Re: [Leica] Re: grumpy out of focus prints)