Subject: Re: [Leica] Cleaning Mark Optical Effect
From: Javier Perez <summarex@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 17:35:14 -0500

Howdy
For some reason the Summarit seems to shoot through
scratches quite well. Considering that a marked glass
Summarit is only worth about 60 bucks compared to several
hundred for one with relatively clean glass it's not a bad deal.
BTW: I have never seen one with mint glass!
What amazes me is the number of people with
premium quality optics who will use the edge of a t-shirt
to clean lenses. I'de like to see all new Leitz lenses sold with
a neutral , uv or skylight filter. The absolutists could
then remove those filters and sell them to the realists.
And I don't mean Stereo Realist.
Javier