Subject: Re: [Leica] Cleaning Mark Optical Effect
From: "Roland Smith" <roland@dnai.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2000 08:50:40 -0800

I am pleased to see some comments emerging supporting the Summarit lens.   I
have used one since 1957 when I purchased it with my IIIg with very fine
results using a lens shade when out of doors.

My Summarit had a mark on the front coating from the lens cap early in its
history and I have not been able to see any effect of that flaw on the
pictures it produced.

It developed internal haze which required a CLA about five years ago.

Roland Smith