Subject: Re: [Leica] I'm shooting a wedding... what I did! ;-)
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2000 12:44:42 -0800

><Snip>
> And trust me, this was one of those occasions where incident was the only way to
> go, as the oak wall paneling varied in  shades of dark, darker and darkest! :-)
> On top of that the bride wore a dress of a deep burgundy colour, so that sure as
> hell wasn't any help either!
>
> A roll with a dozen negs has been souped as a "test roll" and it looks OK. So
> we'll finish the remaining rolls later today.
>
> ted Grant
> islandnet.com/~tedgrant

To see a photographer of the calibrer of Ted do a wedding really impresses me
and makes me feel better about my lifes work so far.
I've done about a hundred weddings and I've always said a photographer doesn't
know what its like to be "under the gun" unless they shoot a wedding. Talk about
bullet's flying!! That's NOTHING compared to the pressure of a wedding.
I'll admit to really have gotten into it! It forced me to get my act together so
when i got commercial jobs, certainly dabblings in photojournalism and events
they were in comparison a piece of cake. And not flying through the air cake  either!
So many photographers put down weddings but they just don't have the GUTS!!
You screw up those negs and the brides mother makes a voodoo doll of the wedding
photographer with a little camera and sticks pins in it for the rest of your
life. You've never get another days rest! I'd rather screw up a magazine cover
and have to come up with the million bucks to rehire the supermodel for a reshoot!

mark :) rabiner

updated temporary Website by "Foxy":
http://spokenword.to/rabiner/

Replies: Reply from Ted <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica] I'm shooting a wedding... what I did! ;-))