Subject: Re: [Leica] I'm shooting a wedding... what I did! ;-)
From: Ted <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2000 21:17:30 -0800

ted Grant wrote:

> ><Snip>
> > go, as the oak wall paneling varied in  shades of dark, darker and darkest! :-)
> > On top of that the bride wore a dress of a deep burgundy colour, so that sure as
> > hell wasn't any help either!<<<<<<<<

Mark Rabiner responded:

> and makes me feel better about my lifes work so far.
> I've done about a hundred weddings and I've always said a photographer doesn't
> know what its like to be "under the gun" unless they shoot a wedding. Talk about
> bullet's flying!! That's NOTHING compared to the pressure of a wedding.<<<<<<<<

Hi Mark,
I'll take a shooting war any day compared to a wedding! ;-) There is just some kind of
psychological pressure that goes with doing a wedding that doesn't seem to come from any
other type of assignment. And I've done a bunch of weird assignments in my day, but
weddings are the toughest!

To some degree this was a shoot for a friend, therefore the added pressure not to
screw-up, plus this old castle was just waiting to get me,,  but it didn't! ;-) Close,
but not quite! :-)

I suppose the saying,  "Never say never!" applies here, as I've said in the past  "never
never ever will I do a wedding again!"   And this one absolutely, this time for ever and
ever confirmed I'll not do a wedding again, never never ever again ........ unless the
price is right!  Ten Grand or more! :-)  Guys I mean it big time! ;-) never ever again!
:-)

However?  Ten really big ones? Jeeeesh I don't know! ;-)  Maybe!

I wouldn't be surprised that some guys have the fear of the Almighty to stay away from a
weddings!

> photographer with a little camera and sticks pins in it for the rest of your
> life. You've never get another days rest!<<<<<<

I think why others don't shoot them, isn't from fear of the Almighty as he's a piece of
cake compared to the brides mother! She, who can in one sweep of her hand or lash of her
tongue move you right to the dark side of the moon in a flash, leaving you cowering
behind moon rocks like a whimpering puppy! And any guy out there who hasn't experienced
this "mother of the bride wrath" hasn't been wrathed! ;-)   trust me you don't have any
idea what the hell wrath is all about! :-)

ted ... ( whose been wrathed a couple of times over the years!) ;-)

Message from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] I'm shooting a wedding... what I did! ;-))