Subject: Re: [Leica] Christmas 'happy snaps' - and SF-20
From: "Richard W. Hemingway" <rheming@attglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2000 20:55:10 -0600

Julian'

>Love it!  Sounds like you're having good Leica fun.  In what I presume were
>relatively spontaneous and fast-moving family snaps, were you able to get by
>with avialable light?  And if so, what lens/film combinations do you like
>for that kind of shooting.

For years I only used slide film, Kodachrome 64 and then 200. Today I am
using print film (Mom wants them to send to our kids) usually Kodak gold
200.  Not great but it works pretty well.  For my granddaughter's wedding I
used 400 and 1600 TMax (I think it was) and shot the 400 at 800.  The
reception was  in a castle looking building and very dark inside.  I used
two M6's with a 50 noct. on one and 35/1.4 on the other and shot them wide
open.

For normal family snaps I usually use the 35/1.4 the most (probably 95% of
the time), sometimes the 24/2.8 and the 90/2.0.  For church services etc,
when I can't get out of it, Kodak Gold 400 without flash.

Dick Hemingway
Plano, TX

Replies: Reply from Ted <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica] Christmas 'happy snaps' - and SF-20)