Subject: Re: [Leica] Lens Hood
From: "Dave Stratton" <stratton@gci.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2000 13:18:15 -0900

> Hi all,
> Well, lucky me, I just recently came across a very nice 50mm Summarit with
no
> fog or cleaning marks to speak of and am looking forward to using the
lens.
> However, one look at all that glass tells me that this lens will need all
the
> flare protection it can get.   The Leitz shade for this lens is both hard
> find and ungodly expensive when found, ( I recently sold an as new one for
> $200, and I am of course now kicking myself for having done so.).  Any
> suggestions for an affordable alternative>
> John Shick

John

If looks don't matter.

Get a tiffen 41 to series 6 adapter (only a few dollars).  Obtain one of the
many series VI stuff....or do as I have done.  Add a series VI filter
adaptor (black) ...add a cheap rubber cap... you have an workable lens shade
and lens protection....your ready to go for only a few dollars.

Such a shade presents minimum intrusion into the finder.

Hope this helps

Dave Stratton

Message from "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com> (Re: [Leica] Lens Hood)