Subject: [Leica] WAS: Outfit Opinion now focusing a Noctilux
From: Ted <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2001 14:39:42 -0800

Simon Lamb wrote:

> >>Dan
> Have you tried the Noctilux, that can be a real challenge to focus,
> especially at f/1 as that denotes dim light and it is hard to see anything
> through the rangefinder window.<<<<<<<<,

Hi Simon,
When I'm working by available darkness, probably more appropriate, "available
blackness" ;-) I look for "highlights in the eyes or on the glasses" of the
subject to focus on and in doing so it's much easier to be in focus.

yep sometimes there aren't highlights, then it's look for the sharpest edge of
anything that I can find at the point of focus rather than trying to focus on
the over all subject.

ted Grant

Message from Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net> (Re: [Leica] Outfit Opinion)
Message from "Simon Lamb" <simon@sclamb.com> (Re: [Leica] Outfit Opinion)