Subject: Re: [Leica] ROR vs. ClearSight
From: "Joe Codispoti" <joecodi@thegrid.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 21:32:17 -0800

Martin,

There are no secrets in producing a cleaner. A surfactant (soap or other
cleaning agent) is the chemical compound that does the job. The type of
cleaning agent used is the key to how well the job is done. Effectiveness,
lack of residue, toxicity etc. are some of the considerations in choosing
the brand.
ROR, the most popular uses ammonia as its active ingredient. Zeiss uses
alcohol. I have no idea if either of these hold other ingredients.
ClearSight is a concoction of three active ingredients plus other additives
listed in http://www.thegrid.net/joecodi/clearsight.html

Since you seem to be a skeptic, send me your address and I will send you a
sample. You can decide for yourself if it is as good as many LUGers have
discovered. As for a cloth, if you do not have well used shorts, I'll send
you an official lens cleaning cloth.

Cheers,
Joe Codispoti