Subject: Re: [Leica] Comparison of Leica SLR and Contax SLR Systmes
From: "Joe Codispoti" <joecodi@thegrid.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2001 09:45:47 -0800

I have used Contax since the late seventies when it was introduced. Since
then I have tried and used many bodies and most lenses. I have never had a
failure. The Contax RX is the best buy in the manual-focus group and offers
the most features including integrated winder. What I like most about Contax
is the lack of mirror slap in making the exposure. The electronically
controlled vertical shutter is very smooth and precise. The lenses are
superb and cost half the price of Leica R. Soon I will replace my
manual-focus system and the 10 lenses I have with the new N1 series,
especially since Contax will introduce a high resolution digital body in the
Spring.

Joe Codispoti

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Comparison of Leica SLR and Contax SLR Systmes)
Message from "Steven A. Melnyk" <melnyk@msu.edu> (Re: [Leica] Comparison of Leica SLR and Contax SLR Systmes)