Subject: Re: [Leica] Neopan
From: MEBerube <MEB@goodphotos.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2001 22:44:25 -0500

At 12:02 PM 1/7/01 -0800, Guy Bennett wrote of Neopan 1600:
>tried it twice - found it too contrasty (may have been the lab that
>processes my stuff). am going to try it again in a iiif mounted with a
>summarit, which is a little flat in contrast, imo. the extra speed will be
>welcome for dim indoor shots.

It most likely may have been your lab, Guy. I've used Neopan 1600 in the
past in leiu of being able to buy a Noctilux. I had my regular lab hand
process it and got some great moderate contrast negs/prints back with
acceptable grain too for such high speed.

I just snapshot a roll available light over Yule-Christmas and as my local
lab was swamped and not going to get to souping any B&W for a while, I sent
it down to Kodak's regional lab...it came back looking like old Kodalith
line film the contrast was so high.

Both were shot with the same camera and lenses under similar lighting
conditions...the only difference was processing.

Carpe Luminem,
Michael E. Berube
Denmark, Maine, USA
http://www.goodphotos.com