Subject: [Leica] Photos on the Web and Budvar...
From: James Fassinger <james@stillscenes.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 22:01:35 +0100

Steve Unsworth wrote:

>Budvar, not to be confused with the similarly named product (I hesitate to
>call it 'beer') sold in the States :-)
>
>The local supermarket is currently selling it at 1.09 UKP per half litre
>bottle, which I guess is around 1.55 USD, don't know how that compares with
>what it costs on the other side of the pond.

I'm almost positive that Budvar cannot be sold in the States because of
protectionism by A-B (I've searched for a long time). But, I do know that
they can, and do, sell it under the name of "Crystal" there. You can't
find any Czech beer in the Detroit area (where I am originally from) for
less than USD 4.50 per half litre in the pub. But it is certainly worth
it!

although....here in Prague it's about USD 0.33 per half litre.....a much
better bargain.

Steve, I liked the Paris pictures you posted on your site. Well done.
Regarding the street musician shot, I think the vertical one is much
stronger.

James

james@stillscenes.com
Images at: http://www.stillscenes.com/