Subject: [Leica] Re:Canon FD 35/2
From: william lawlor <wvl@infinex.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 14:57:39 -0800

I really like the 35/2. It blew the pants off my 35/1.4 (pre-asph) at
anything wider than f/4, which is where these lenses tend to get used.
Moreover it focuses MUCH closer than any Leica lens, and you don't have the
parallax problem either. I would say it's a classic, personally.
- - --
Johnny Deadman

That lens is the reason I hold on to a small FD kit. I have an 11X14
Reala print of a sick guy's face, close up, full frame, at F2 with
the Canon 35mm. Every miserable whisker and sweat drop is vivid.(I
spared the victim the pain of seeing the print) That was the one that
convinced me FD lenses could be great. The 135/2 is even better.I use
an AT-1 manual body. Paul Young has some FD reviews on the Canon FD
site. He said he would compare the respective 35/2's someday.

cannonicaly, Bill Lawlor