Subject: Re: [Leica] Unfortunate accident removes red dot! Devastated in Victoria! :-(
From: "William Larsen, AICP" <ohlen@sierratel.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 20:38:08 -0800

Ted Grant (He also has another name) writes that his red dot
is missing from his Nocti.

Ted:  obviously this is an undisclosed design flaw by Leica.
It may have even originated in Kanada.  Obviously Leica is
liable to replace the lens with a new one plus you need
additonal damages for pain and suffering.  The facts seem to
indicate that Leica failed to disclose that after 4 or 5
thousand uses of the Nocti, the red dot was prone to
failure.  Obviously this would impact the depth of field
since your perception of Lecia quality has been demagnified.
And as we all have learned, depth of field is perceptual.
The pixes you have already taken with said lens are probably
deteriorating as we communicate.  Soon they will be only a
blobby blur in your eyes --- surely additional compensation
from Leica will be required.  Plus --- if you have a
Canadian lens, please note that it is not marked in both
French and English --- again additional compensation.

Perhaps one of the fine esquires on our list will take up
your cause.  (Does esquire have one or two "L" in it?

With regards, bill larsen from the heartland of Kalifornia.