Subject: RE: [Leica] OT: Archival of digital images
From: Henry Ambrose <henryambrose@home.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 13:44:51 -0600

Tim A wrote a good long post about CDRs and archiving, ending with:
>Remeber, this is for long term archiving your stuff, not for the pile of
>discs by you PC that you keep hunting through to find that picture you shot
>last month.

I suggest that everyone regard their electronic archives as
an on-going process, not a final solution. By that I mean that having
written your pictures to a CD (or whatever media) you are not through.
Consider that you will, in all likelihood, have to migrate to newer
media. I suspect that 10 years from now your computer may not read CDs.
So you will have to copy to the new media (whatever it is).

Henry Ambrose