Subject: Re: [Leica] Mortuary Science
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 11:28:47 -0800

><Snip>
> Well, Nice Guy, I know nothing of Shell personally, but given what the
> publication was the last time I looked at it, I think Buzz was being
> kind...
>
> B.D. (The mean guy) Colen

The Shutterbug has always been a magazine we buy for the adds. The articles are
just fillers.
Perhaps now with the new owners they have a real budget and staff for those articles.
People didn't like like Bob's "girlie" subject matter on his test shots. Those
were noticeable.
But the new owners could have come in and said:
"here is a real budget for some real articles and change your subject matter on
your testing"
Anyone on the Rollei or Contax lists are impressed by his unpretentious
encyclopedic knowledge.
	which extends way past photography.
It's worth it to be on those lists just to read Bob's posts. And Richard Knoppow's.

Mark (The ok guy) Rabiner
Portland, Oregon
USA

updated temporary Website by "Foxy": http://spokenword.to/rabiner/
(consisting of late night E-mail descriptions of photos)

Replies: Reply from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Mortuary Science)
Message from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Mortuary Science)
Message from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Mortuary Science)