Subject: [Leica] Re: Flat Panels for Image Work
From: Douglas Cooper <douglas@dysmedia.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 02:43:47 -0500

On 1/26/01 1:07 AM, Leica Users digest expressed the following:

> While flat panels are great for a lot of work, image editing and colour work
> is not for flat panels.  Their reproduction is quite different -- and a lot
> worse -- than traditional CRT monitors.

I hope this isn't true of the latest Apple flat panels, or we're in trouble
- -- half the graphic designers in the country spend their days staring into
one.  I have the most recent version, and I haven't done a great deal of
gamma twiddling, but it has to be possible to get the colors to match up
decently -- after all, the primary function of this beast is Web and print
design.

It's true that I used to do most of my work on a laptop display, and that
this proved dire.  But the latest flat panels are infinitely more
sophisticated (and much, much brighter).

Now you have me nervous...

Douglas Cooper
http://www.dysmedia.com