Subject: [Leica] Re: Has anyone read Shutterbabe yet?
From: firkin@netconnect.com.au
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2001 02:58:12 GMT

Tina Manley writes:

> We must be reading different reviews.  I was talking about this one by
> Janet Reitman:

Tina,

It is mentioned,

Page two:

"Kogan, who left photojournalism for TV news in 1992, and then left
journalism altogether in 1998 to become a full-time mom, is not, contrary
to the media buzz around the book, some kind of neo-fem heroine to women
journalists."

but I agree, she is not making an issue of her decision to leave for
motherhood, just mentioning it. For an Australian, the only slur is using
the mom rather than mother in that sentence.

Cheers

Alastair