Subject: Re: [Leica] Metering question
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2001 15:01:19 -0500

Mark R ranted
> I'm glad he's not technically perfect, he's a doer and an artist.
> We all saw his slideshow at the LHSA thing Octover in Boston.
> It's the TONE the matters in books even such "handbooks" sometimes called
> "compendiums" not the picky picky itemization of information. Like Edward
> Westons Daybooks…
> >From the USE of the equipment this man has forgotten more about Leica than we'll
> ever know.

He may well have forgotten more than we will ever know - I'm sure he's
forgotten more than I will ever know. And I'm happy to hear he takes
such wonder photos. I still think it's inexcusable for the guy who is
supposed to be the ultimate Leica expert to publish books which contain
what amounts to such utter bullshit. There are many folks who,
unfortunately, depend upon books such as his.

B. D.
Who does not claim to be a Leica expert, or any other kind of photo
expert for that matter, but who has little patience for serious factual
errors in published material of any kind.:-)

Message from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Metering question)
Message from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Metering question)