Subject: [Leica] Compendious expenditures
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2001 12:18:31 -0800

><Snip>
> But, then, Eastland is friends with the folks who now own Hove, so all is,
> I guess, forgiven!
>
> Marc

Although I've paged though his other many offerings included books on the R
system Eastlands latest book, "Leica M6 TTL Handbook" published by "AJAX".
Although it LOOKS like the other "compendiums" it is referred to in it's title
as a "Handbook."
To blur the difference as to what these books really are and what they do is of
course not going to do anyone any good.
One just pages though them to see if it is for them.

My most recent expenditure in this ambiguous area is:

ZEISS Compendium
East and West - 1940 -1972
Zeiss Ikon In The Postwar World
Mark James Small and Charles M Barringer
Hove Books LTD

With a BIG FAT JUICY Contarex "bull's-eye" on the SHINY cover!!!!
Chapter 12 is entitled: "When the Dream Dies" !
a marvelous book in which I'd not expect to find many major modern errors!!!
filled with Beautiful pictures of Zeiss glass and gizmos many taken by our own
Marc James Small.
But also has lots of "Heart."

mark rabiner
Are we talking compendiums or life style statements?
Pageing though Jonathans books we see as much life style statements as a compendium.
The opposite of a compendium!

compendium (kõm-pRn2dT-õm) n., pl.
1. A short, complete summary; an abstract.
2. A list or collection of various items. [Latin, a shortening, from compendere,
to weigh together : com-, com- + pendere, to weigh;

Message from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Metering question)
Message from Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net> (Re: [Leica] Metering question)