Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Adjusting M3 rangefinder for infinity
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 10:18:47 -0700

I just use an unmodified screwdriver but some people buy a couple of
screwdrivers that fit and bend the handles so that you can have the blade
fit square. I only used capital letters to drive home the point that you do
not need to put anything but a very light pressure on the screwdriver to
hold it in place. Make sure that the blade of the screwdriver fits properly:
a snug fit into the slot and almost the same length of blade as there is
slot.

It is not a difficult adjustment unless you are a ham-fisted lout. There is
much more to the adjust to make the sure that the focus is accurate at close
distances but that is more involved

John Collier