Subject: [Leica] Re: Adjusting M3 rangefinder for infinity
From: "Michael Darnton" <mdarnton@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 21:25:01

It might also be worthwhile to note that the amount the screw needs to be
turned is just a tad bit less than it's possible to turn it accurately and
consistently :-) That is, in increments of one degree or so, not whole
quarter-turns or something like that.

I have found that the rounded end of a small six-inch stainless steel rule
from the hardware store (General brand, for instance, in the bright yellow
plastic envelopes) is a perfect fit, and the round end accomodates whatever
angle of approach is necessary, without destroying the screw slot.

- --Michael Darnton