Subject: [Leica] New Leica 35mm viewfinder
From: Lucien <director@ubi.edu>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 10:42:00 +0100

Martin Howard wrote:

> I was surprised to see on the B&H Photo Video website that Leica makes an
> accessory 35mm viewfinder, catalogue number 12021.  It's a special order
> item, priced at a <DRIPPING IRONY ON> reasonable and humane <DRIPPING IRONY
> OFF> $379.00 as per Leica's normal business practice.  I'm surprised they
> can keep manufacturing up with demand.
>
> They have no image of it, unfortunately.  Does anyone know if this is the
> same plastic shell as the 21/24/28 VFs,

Martin,

Yes.

According to Leica (Leica meeting, Photokina), 750 were made
and it's not in production anymore.

I'm wondering if this is accurate because several dealers
(Belgium and UK), who use to sell (or are still selling) the
screw mount 35/2 ASPH, ordered 35mm viewfinders at the same
time as the lenses and never received them.

I found mine at Foto Gregor during the Photokina 2000. They
had several in stock.

According to other LUGer, another German Leica dealer had at
least 20 of them in stock at the same moment.

Strange distribution politic !

Lucien