Subject: [Leica] Re: Snow Exposure
From: "Bill Lawlor" <wvl@infinex.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 19:42:24 -0800

The sunny 16 rule doesn't change per se, but the reflection off the snow can
brighten the subject up to a stop.

Tom

I shot some Kodachrome on an Alpine glacier in bright sum in 1989. My
Spotmatic meter, which was always reliable, reliably gave me 18% gray ice
and snow! Now I open up a stop and a half at the beach or high altitude in
the Sierras. Another way would to use an incident meter or gray card.

Bill Lawlor

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Snow Exposure)