Subject: Re: [Leica] Our posts showing up in Google searches
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 18:42:46 -0800

Douglas Cooper wrote:

> I'm a little concerned that our sometimes slightly-less-than-worldhistorical
> banter is suddenly showing up in search engines.  I have no trouble with the
> notion of being archived on the Web (although I do think individual members
> of the LUG should be able to opt out of this); but it would be nice if the
> meta tags for the archive were altered to prevent Web spiders from digging
> up individual posts.  This is pretty easy to do, I'm told.
>
> Yours in paranoia,
>
> Douglas Cooper
> http://www.dysmedia.com

I do a search for Hasselblad 80mm lens.
I find Mark Rabiner LUG...
I do a search for "HCB films"
I find Mark Rabiner LUG...
I do a search for "rangefinder camera"
I find Mark Rabiner LUG...
I do a search for "Nikons stink next to Leicas"
I find Mark Rabiner LUG...
I do a search for "Albert Einstein didn't much want to have lunch with Adolf Hitler."
I find Mark Rabiner LUG...

just posting on the lug has made me a formidable presence on the whole blooming internet!
of course i also find my name coming up because of the Rug and the Hug.
I'm a Fig Newton of my own imagination!
help!!!!

mark rabiner