Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Archive Paranoia
From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 23:24:30 -0800

Gee guys I can't remember seeing anything of such great importance by anyone
in the past 5 years that the poster was afraid he or she might be quoted.

I can't figure out what all this no archive stuff is about any way, after
all aren't we just a bunch of photographers carrying on about everything
that has something to do with picture taking and almost everything else in
the universe? ;-)

Like lets get serious here for one second, well OK a minute, but not a
second longer. No one on this list has ever said anything of national,
international, outer space international  or any closet on planet Earth that
they should care about not having what they say archived.

Actually the archiving of such a group as this, particularly when the topic
stays on leica and photography, is a God send of information for those who
follow or even for anyone of us to go back and learn about the very subject
we espouse every day.
If anyone of us says something that may benefit another photographer,
tomorrow or years in the future, why wouldn't we want that benefit to
forever be available to help a fellow photographer?

Each time I see a  NO ARCHIVE I really get a chuckle, simply because if one
looks at the number of members, what a 1000 or more, and willie wonkie posts
something very significant leica, then says NO ARCHIVE,  surely he doesn't
think no one will copy his great words of wisdom?  Particularly if the
information in the post is very helpful in using a leica!

The other side of this is, many posts have NO ARCHIVE and I can quite
understand why the poster doesn't want it archived, simply because he hasn't
said anything of any importance and he might look as dumb as a moron some
day in the future! ;-)

Just my passing thought on this . ;-)

Oh yes and for sure please don't archive this, as some day it may make me
look pretty dumb! ;-)
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant