Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Archive Paranoia
From: Erminia R Quinn <erminiaq@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 10:33:43 -0700

on 2/22/01 12:24 AM, Ted Grant at tedgrant@home.com wrote:

> Actually the archiving of such a group as this, particularly when the topic
> stays on leica and photography, is a God send of information for those who
> follow ...
The LUG Archives are a *great* source of info on all things Leica!  And
*very* useful to us newbies.

> Each time I see a  NO ARCHIVE I really get a chuckle, simply because if one
> looks at the number of members, what a 1000 or more, and willie wonkie posts
> something very significant leica, then says NO ARCHIVE,  surely he doesn't
> think no one will copy his great words of wisdom?  Particularly if the
> information in the post is very helpful in using a leica!

Um ... I've actually done a good bit of this copying and saving of posts and
pieces of posts.  Particularly the discussions on film - very handy to have
in a file on the desktop.

> The other side of this is, many posts have NO ARCHIVE and I can quite
> understand why the poster doesn't want it archived, simply because he hasn't
> said anything of any importance and he might look as dumb as a moron some
> day in the future! ;-)

The Internet already has so much of this "dumb as a moron" stuff that it all
just fades into the background.  Kinda like white noise.

And, by the way, why waste time worrying about the possiblity of some future
nitwit unearthing a particularly inane comment that you made while under the
influence of 18yr old Macallan's ten, twenty years ago? No one knows what
the future holds; live in the here and now, while you have it.

Erminia

Replies: Reply from "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Archive Paranoia)