Subject: RE: [Leica] Delta 400 vs. Tmax 400
From: Jem Kime <jem.kime@cwcom.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 15:04:41 -0000

Hnery (strange name...) ;-)

I have a roll of the new stock (given away with a photo weekly in the UK)
and it's identifiable by a red multipointed star on the packaging,
proclaiming 'Neu, Nouveau, New' !
There is also a green designation on the 'back' panel which says, 'DXN'. I
don't recall this on the old version, though I could well be
wrong/unobservant here.
In DDX the recommended processing is 1:4 for 9' 30" (at 20 degrees) giving
a film speed of 500 ISO.
Many other permutations are listed for effective film speeds of up to 3200,
as with previous fast Ilford films.
The neat new touch I like is a space on the cassette where one can check,
or write, the film speed used, viz. 400/800/1600/or other.

Jem

NO ARCHITRAVE