Subject: [Leica] Xtol Developer
From: "Stuart Boyd" <shortymx@compaq.net.mx>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 17:01:59 -0600

I notice that many Lugers refer to the use of Xtol 1:3.  I'm beginning to
experiment with Xtol for sheet film because I can't get TMax RS here in
Mexico.  So far I have confined my use to 1:1, and the results are
favorable.  What (other than economy) is the benefit of the thinner 1:3
solutions.  When Xtol first came out Kodak published tables for dilutions up
to 1:3, however because of many complaints, they now don't recommend
dilutions of less than 1:2.  I understand that part of the problem may have
been with initial packaging in 1 liter packs, and for that reason I am only
using the 5 liter packages.

Thanks,
Stuart Boyd