Subject: Re: [Leica] London 'i don't belive it'
From: apbbeijing <apbbeijing@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 13:34:42 +0800

> My wife and I are taking our 3 year old SON to London for a few days, while
> I won't get a lot of time I hope to look  round some of the LEICA shops
> please advise the best.

I did just this a few weeks ago: intermittent rain showers meant looking for
indoor stuff to do. I took my 3yr old Joseph to the British Museum and he
was rivetted by the Egyptian exhibition. The new central court of the Museum
is very impressive and a good place to hang out. Nearby of course there is
Pied Bull Yard with the best collection of Leica shops in UK. They are all
overpriced but what the heck - good window shopping!

Not telling where I got my new 135/2.8 for GBP440 nor my prototype 350R lens
for even less but there is a lot of interesting and cheap Leica stuff in UK
but not really in London.

The animatronic dinosaur at the Natural History Museum is very entertaining
and the museum as a whole is worth spending a day at.

Unusual stuff: well there is a lot of weird stuff going on in London but not
much I can think of right now I would bring a 3 year old to.

One thing that bugs me about London is how children are not welcome in many
pubs. Most annoying and inhospitable.

Have fun!

Adrian

P.s. First rule of diplomacy always applies: go to the loo whenever you see
one!
- --
Adrian Bradshaw
Corporate and Editorial Photography