Subject: RE: [Leica] Jim Brick: One Hell Of A Nice Guy
From: "Austin Franklin" <austin@darkroom.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 18:28:06 -0500

> >> Besides he thinks we Canuks are easy prey, however as long as
> we never let
> >> him forget the War of 1812 and who won (now watch the reaction to
> >> that one!)
> >
> >WOW Ted, did you fight in that war?  Do you have pictures?
> >
> >;-)
> >
> Austin, Austin, Austin,
> There were no cameras then.

Henry, Henry, Henry, Henry....sure there were!  There were 'camera' way
before then (16th century in fact)..."camera obscura"...now if you say there
was no "photography" (that word was first used 1839), well...that would be a
different story ;-)

> I bet Ted does have some sketches and paintings though.

Those are pictures...I don't believe pictures are limited to only
photographs, are they?