Subject: Re: [Leica] WE WUZ ROBBED!
From: "Michael E. Bérubé" <MEB@goodphotos.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 12:30:56 -0500

For my wedding and portrait clients I have it in my agreement that if an
image is published as publicity that they will ensure that I will be given
a photo credit of "Photo by GoodPhotos.com." For the most part I shoot
portraits/weddings as modified "work for hire" so I figure that the free
advertising from a small announcement shot is well worth the asking.

I've made some good contacts (and even gotten some free advertising in lieu
of monetary compensation) by speaking rationally to the photo editors about
their using my images without a credit. I guess having the initial prints
stamped with the credit as I would like it, might increase the likelihood
of getting credit.

All depends on what your gig is I suppose. A photo credit (or
advertisement) of a good photo in the bridal section (where other brides
are looking) for me is worth far more than the pittance that a small daily
around here will offer anyhow.

Carpe Luminem,
Michael E. Bérubé