Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Photoshopping
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 15:13:34 -0800

Douglas Cooper wrote:

> On 3/16/01 2:39 PM, Leica Users digest expressed the following:
>

> > I found a plug-in that will not only allow you to apply red, green and
> > yellow filters but also to scan a color photograph and convert it to B&W
> > with profiles from each of the B&W film types - TriX, TMax, Ilford, many more:
>
> I found (and subsequently lost) a site on the Web that demonstrates how to
> get lovely tri-tone prints using Photoshop.  I'm wondering a) if anyone can
> help me find this site, since I accidentally trashed my Favorites file; and
> b) whether Piezo inks might work in a similar way (although I doubt it, as
> this seems to require hue manipulation).
>
> cheers,
>

> Douglas Cooper
> http://www.dysmedia.com
>
> NO ARCHIVE

One way other than the save to duotone way is the use of the Variations thing.
Change your greyscale to RGB or CMYK and then do the Variations thing. Under
Image - Adjust - ...
Give you shadows one color your highlights another and your mid-tones a third.
Then print it with your Epson with your color inks.
You can tone it down like a coffee table book duotone - tritone.
Or jack it up and give it some spunk!!!!

Mark Rabiner
I put it in quadtone mode and use the CMYK inks option.
That way the printing might be more accurate if thought.