Subject: Re: [Leica] Aesthetics vs. Function
From: Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 11:33:35 -0800

>I'd like to see some new RFs in those groovy art deco lines and colours
>that Kodak used in the early 20C with its consumer cameras.
>(But I'm an Art Deco/Arts&Crafts movement kinda guy.)
>Michael

Now there's a thought: the William Morris M6...

The body made from the finest precious woods, hand carved and assembled by
craftsmen trained using techniques and tools going back to the Middle Ages,
with faux médiéval decorative panels painted in the style of Burne-Jones
and quotes from Chaucer cut in Morris' own Kelmscott type, called Tory. The
lens would be of similar construction, with a stained glass front element.
Nowhere would a red dot be used - that Leica would save for the
Constructivist M6, which would be done Lissitzky-style. Ah, but that's
another design chapter...

Guy