Subject: Re: [Leica] WAS: SNAPS & England & the LHS: NOW "snaps use"
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 13:20:16 -0800

><Snip>
>
> Call them giclee prints is no more pretenious than calling them silver
> prints....
>
> How about calling them them photographs..;-)
>
> B. D.

I'd feel funny calling stuff photographs when i pull out the paper out of the
box and it's like high class typing paper and i stick it into the machine and it
goes crunch crunch squirt squirt.
OK so it looks great but in another sense it's just a very high class Xerox.
Photo paper if i open it up it is ruined.
There is a little tag which says' "if you can read this than you just blew 40 bucks"

Giclee is French!
I ain't!
When i start using the french for "inkjet" instead of "inkjet" then i KNOW i am trouble.
Next thing you know I'll have a walking stick and a cluster of other affectations!
A snuff box....."care to inspect my Giclee collection in my appartment my dear?"
My little pomegranate seed… My little artichoke heart…

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon
USA
Updated ALL MY DESIGN webpage!!