Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Off topic: finding a portrait studio
From: Simon Stevens <simon@camera-craftsman.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 20:00:40 -0500

>Additionally, I don't think you could convince a commercial photog to
do a
>wedding.  It just wouldn't fit the deliberate method of working towards
that
>one great image.

>andy

I think a lot of you seem to be unnecessarily equating "commercial
photographer" with "advertising" or "product" photogapher. Studio
product work and advertising are types of commercial photography in
which people specialize, but so are PR and commercial events
photography. I mostly do PR work, so for me weddings are same-same. It's
still groups and candids, the only difference is the color of the dress.

By the way, the few weddings I do get are always from people who don't
want the high street "Imitation Royal Wedding" treatment so they call
people like me who are listed in the commercial photographer's section
of the Yellow Pages. Or, of course, they follow recommendations.

Simon Stevens