Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Questions re New Leica M Winder
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 17:15:05 -0800

My take on the shutter recoil issues with my Leica Motor winder M is that it
suffers in comparison to what I'm used to.
All I'm used to is an MD12 or MD11 on Nikons, And an ELM Hasselblad body.
Your finger goes into those buttons and you don't feel any recoil

If the first motorized camera i ever got was the Leica with Leica motor winder M
i would not think anything of it.
As is it took me about half a roll to get used to it.
That was several hundred rolls ago.

I think Leica would have the mechanical ability to get around this if it was possible.
Its plainly not as this new motor seems to be completely rethought and still has it.

All i can say is the finger action is a feature you can soon forget.
I think it's very positive. It's not smooth... but it's not really jerky either.
I think the winders for the Leica M are very viable.
I am very much looking forward to getting the new compact version.
Keeping also my old one though. I do have two bodies so far.
In an instenseive shoot it's nice to have as many things a motorized as possible.

Mark zip zip Rabiner

Portland, Oregon
USA

http://www.rabiner.cncoffice.com/