Subject: [Leica] Light leaks on Leica IIIc (380xxx) - Part II
From: Matej Novak <matej.novak@hermes.si>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 10:07:21 +0200

>  I just got a 1941 Leica IIIC (380xxx) with non-standard flash
> sync installed. When I have had developped the first roll of
> film I noticed that there are bright stripes of irregular shape
> on some of the slides. The stripes extend from the holes on the
> lower side of the film up and through the holes on the upper side
> of the film (if you think about the film in the camera it is
> vice-versa). Most of the stripes are on the right side of the
> slides, except one that is on the left side of the slide (all
> are of the similar shape).

 I have just shot the second roll of film, and the stripes are still
there! This time I was shooting mostly outside in the middle of the
day, so the stripes are more evident. Now there is not just one stripe,
but up to three similarly shaped stripes on a single slide. This means
that there is really something wrong with the camera, but again the
strange thing is that the stripes extend through all of the film
including the sprocket holes - what really excludes the possibility
of a problem with the shutter curtains (otherwise the stripes would
only cover the 24x36 mm area, right?). So possibly there is a problem
with the body shell, although it seems ok to me?!

 Anyways, I have taken the camera to a repair shop, and will keep you
updated.

Matej

Replies: Reply from "onetreehillclw" <onetreehillclw@compaq.net> (Re: [Leica] Light leaks on Leica IIIc (380xxx) - Part II)