Subject: Re: [Leica] Leicoid Digital.....
From: apbbeijing <apbbeijing@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 14:11:48 +0800

> What I know of the R8 and its lenses can be written on a pinhead, but isn't
> this what the ROM in the ROM lenses does?

No - no distance information is relayed through the ROM yet though maybe on
future lenses...

The ROM provides fine-tuned exposure info for each lens taking the angle of
view, falloff and perhaps some other stuff. The angle of view info is passed
on to the flash gun on the R8 with SCA3000 adapter.

It looks to me that the ROM thing is a half baked technology that went only
some of the way towards a modern linkage whilst keeping all the previous
failings and creating obsolescence. Typical Leica!

- --
Adrian Bradshaw
Corporate and Editorial Photography
Beijing, China