Subject: Re: [Leica] Black tape flavours?
From: "Harold Gess" <Harold.Gess@btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 15:14:32 +0100

Come on Luggers

I think that the annual fight over black tape is very sad, as are many of
the arguments we see on the LUG. And, most sad of all they chase away some
of the members of the LUG. Some leave with a shout, many more with a
whimper!

If some people like to black tape their Leicas or any other make of camera
and think it makes them less visible then so be it. If some othe people
think taping cameras reduces the amount of wear and tear on the corners,
then let them. If you yourself don't think either of these is a good option
then that's also fine. Personally I put tape on the corners to stop the
strap wearing through to the grey metal underneath on my M6s.

I think the fight started over someone asking what was a good tape to use.

That's a perfectly good question.

The simple answer: I use gaffer tape bought from a movie supply company as
it doesn't leave a residue.

Let's be a bit more tolerant of each others whims and fancies and make the
LUG a more interesting place to be.

Harold

Replies: Reply from Jim Brick <jim_brick@agilent.com> ([Leica] RE: Black tape flavours?)
Reply from "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica] Black tape flavours?)