Subject: [Leica] Ambivalance
From: Rob Millard <rmillard@erbtest.org>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 10:35:36 -0400

It is with a certain amount of ambivalence that I offer the following
for sale.  I bought this equipment 2 months ago, finally succumbing to
the allure, mystique, call it what you will, of Leica.  I have been (and
still am) a long-time Nikon user and mostly take what I would call
"considered" snapshots working in situations where things were changing
and in motion.  I use an F100 most of the time, but also own a FE2 and a
digital Nikon.  I bought the Leica because I was, admittedly, taken with
claims about the optics and I am also, as it seems are many other camera
owners, taken with it's "machine beauty."  All that said, I find that
the focusing on the rangefinder is just too slow (or I should say, I am
too inept with it) to use this camera (M6 TTL, .72, w/ Summicron-M,
50mm, F2.0) in most situations where I typically photograph.

So here they are:

Leica M6 TTL .72 chrome, in mint condition (2 months young)
Summicron-M, 50mm, F2.0 (also near mint  to mint)

Will sell both for 2,200.00 (US) including shipping. Will also accept
reasonable arguments from LUG group members as to why I shouldn't sell.

Cheers
Rob Millard
romillard@aol.com
rmillard@erbtest.org